Parks & Recreation
The Town of River Bend has several recreational amenities for the enjoyment of residents of all ages.
- Two playgrounds, one near Town Hall, and the other in the Springdale subdivision.
- A skateboard park near Town Hall
- A basketball court on Wildwood Drive near Public Works
- A volleyball court on Town Commons
- Two large “recreation” fields – Town Commons and Ritter Field - includes a walking trail and fitness trail
- A smaller “recreation” field at the corner of Starboard Drive/Channel Run Drive
- Kayak / Canoe Launch to the Trent River
We also have a small picnic shelter (with restrooms), a gazebo in Town Hall Park, and two docks overlooking Town Hall pond.
Town Commons and Ritter Field Walking Trails
The Town of River Bend has a Walking Trail on Town Commons and Ritter Field. This trail, funded in part by a North Carolina Parks and Recreation Trust Fund grant, is a great place for exercise away from traffic. There are even fitness stations to get a more thorough workout.
Using a grant from Craven County, we were able to purchase and install a series of fitness stations on our walking trail on Town Commons and Ritter Field. With a total distance of just over 1/3 of a mile, this trail now combines ten stations to improve your flexibility and strength.
The Fit-Trail begins at the trail entrance from the parking lot next to the caboose and proceeds in a clockwise direction around Town Commons and Ritter Field and ends back at the starting point. There are signs at the starting point that explain the use of the trail, and signs at each station to guide your use of them.
River Bend has two playgrounds, one near Town Hall, and the other in the Springdale Subdivision across Highway 17.