Front row from left to right: Councilman Harry "Bud" McClard, Mayor John Kirkland, Councilman Buddy Sheffield. Back Row from left to right: Councilman Don Fogle, Councilman Brian Leonard, Councilman Irving "Bud" Van Slyke.
Council Priorities for Fiscal Year 2020-2021
- Provide a safe, dynamic, and attractive community for people of all ages, and continue to address the changing demographic composition of the Town.
- Provide safe drinking water and quality treatment of wastewater through maintenance of the current systems and continued prudent fiscal management of the utilities.
- Plan for the renovation of wastewater treatment facilities to maintain regulatory compliance and serve the current and future needs of the Town.
- Continue to work with advisory boards as a means to encourage citizen participation in Town government.
- Continue to be good stewards of the natural environment through planned stormwater and floodplain management efforts.
- Continue to cooperate regionally and with other municipalities and, where appropriate, share ideas and resources.
- Maintain a commitment to the Council-Manager form of government, and to support an adequate and well-trained staff to serve the current and future needs of the community.
- Continue to employ sound fiscal management practices to ensure the long-term financial viability of the Town.
- Maintain a visionary posture, acknowledging that change is inevitable.
- Continue to conduct the business of the Town with complete transparency and integrity.
Harry "Bud" McClard
Irving "Bud" Van Slyke