The office of the Town Clerk is responsible for managing the official records of the Town of River Bend. This office, staffed by a full time Town Clerk and Deputy Town Clerk, receives all correspondence, maintains records of Town owned property, prepares and maintains minutes of the meetings of the Town Council and other Town boards, publishes notifications of official meetings and public hearings as required by State law, and performs a myriad of other administrative tasks in support of the Mayor, Town Council, and the operational functions of the Town.
The Town Clerk also provides limited service as a Notary Public. In order to accommodate the work flow in the office, the Clerk has established a policy for using this service:
- Service is by appointment only.
- Appointments must be made a day in advance of service. Appointments will be during normal office hours.
- Residents will receive one signature free of charge.
- All additional signatures will be charged at a rate of $5.00 each.
In order to comply with regulations for Notary service the following rules apply:
- All signing parties must be present and provide photo I.D.
- No pre-signed documents will be notarized
- No blank documents will be notarized. All names, addresses, etc. must be filled in
- Residents requesting notary services must bring any witnesses required. Town staff will not act as witnesses. All witnesses must bring photo I.D.
Meeting Room Reservations
As a service to the community, the River Bend Municipal Building Meeting Rooms may be made available on an equitable basis to members of the community.