Trash and Recycling
Trash and recycling collection is provided as a service by Craven County. Weekly trash Pick-up in River Bend is on Friday.
Recycling is collected every four weeks. River Bend's recycling day is Green Friday. For more information about the recycling schedule, call Waste Industries at 638-1366. You may find the information you need by reviewing the material at left under Tab No. 1 entitled "Trash - County Curbside Collection Program in River Bend."
You will need to purchase stickers for your trash bags. Locally, these can be purchased at the Shell station on Route 17, and the Rhems Mini-Mart at the corner of Route 17 and Tuscorora-Rhems Road. For additional information, view the Trash Sticker Retail Outlet tab at right.
Please call 636-6659 if you need further information.
County Curbside Collection Program in River Bend
Trash and recycling collection is provided as a service by Craven County. Pick-up in River Bend is on Friday.
You will need to purchase stickers for your trash bags. Locally, these can be purchased at the Shell station on Highway 17, and the Rhems Mini-Mart at the corner of Highway 17 and Tuscorora-Rhems Road.
Additional information about Craven County’s Curbside Collection Programs:
For additional information, please call the Craven County Solid Waste Department at 252.636.6659.
If you are interested in Trash Roll-Out Service, an enhanced collection program, please call GFL, the contractor that provides this service for Craven County, at 638-1366 for more information.
Leaf & Limb Collection - Rules
Leaf & Limb Pick-up
The Town of River Bend contracts with a vendor to provide bi-monthly pick-up of leaf and limb debris. In order to maintain an equitable and efficient service, the Town has implemented a set of very basic rules to govern this service. All leaf & limb debris must be the result of natural defoliation or minor trimming and must observe the following criteria:
- Leaf & limb is defined as leaves, pine cones, and small tree and shrub limbs. It does not include construction material of any kind, trimmings from lot clearing, tree trunks, grass clippings or debris left by commercial contractors.
- Maximum diameter of limbs is three inches (3”) and maximum length is six feet (6’).
- Leaves and pine cones shall be bagged, and program participants shall either use clear plastic bags or shall affix a permanent label which clearly identifies the name and address of the source material.
- Place all material in a pile at the roadside with butt ends towards the street in a flat area away from mailboxes and driveway tiles. Leave room for removal equipment to work without harming adjacent grass or shrubbery.
- All debris placed upon the public right of way must be placed off the paved portion of the street, and must be placed in the right of way immediately adjacent to the property from which it originates. Debris may not be placed in roadway medians. Debris may be placed in the right of way immediately adjacent to the property of others only with the express permission of the owner of that property.
- Leaf & limb material shall not be placed at the roadside more than five (5) days prior to the week of pick-up.
- Pickup shall be done once per street per scheduled pick-up week. Any leaf & limb material placed on the roadside after a street has been cleaned shall be the responsibility of the property owner to clear immediately.
- Pick-ups will be provided to all properties within the corporate Town limits only. Leaf & limb pick-up shall not be provided for contractors, including general yard maintenance contractors working on a resident’s property. Additionally, no more than one trailer load of material will be picked up from any one commercial enterprise, and all material for pick up from the commercial enterprise must be in one location.
- Violation of these rules may subject violators to remedies described in the Town of River Bend Code of Ordinances, Section 1.01.999. General Penalty.