Trash and Recycling
Trash and recycling collection is provided as a service by Craven County. Weekly trash Pick-up in River Bend is on Friday.
Recycling is collected every four weeks. River Bend's recycling day is Green Friday. For more information about the recycling schedule, call GFL Environmental Inc. at 638-1366.
You will need to purchase stickers for your trash bags. Locally, these can be purchased at the Shell station on Route 17. For additional information, view the Trash Sticker Retail Outlet tab under Quick Links.
Please call 636-6659 if you need further information.
County Curbside Collection Program in River Bend
Trash and recycling collection is provided as a service by Craven County. Pick-up in River Bend is on Friday.
You will need to purchase stickers for your trash bags. Locally, these can be purchased at the Shell station on Highway 17, and the Rhems Mini-Mart at the corner of Highway 17 and Tuscarora-Rhems Road.
Additional information about Craven County’s Curbside Collection Programs:
For additional information, please call the Craven County Solid Waste Department at 252.636.6659.
If you are interested in Trash Roll-Out Service, an enhanced collection program, please call GFL, the contractor that provides this service for Craven County, at 638-1366 for more information.
Leaf & Limb Collection - Rules
The Town of River Bend contracts with a vendor to provide bi-monthly pick-up of leaf and limb debris. In order to maintain an equitable and efficient service, the Town has implemented a set of very basic rules to govern this service. All leaf & limb debris must be the result of natural defoliation or minor trimming and must observe the following criteria:
- Maximum diameter of limbs is three inches (3") and maximum length is six feet (6').1. Maximum diameter of limbs is three inches (3") and maximum length is six feet (6').
- Place all material in a pile at the roadside with butt ends towards the street in a flat area away from mailboxes, driveway tiles, water meters and any other utility equipment.
- Leaves and grass clippings must NOT be bagged. Bagged material will NOT be collected. Limbs must be kept separate from leaves and grass clippings. Leaves and grass clippings may be collected by a vacuum. The vacuum cannot accept limbs. Any leaf or grass clipping piles that also contain limbs will NOT be collected.
- Leaf & limb material shall NOT be placed at the roadside more than five (5) days prior to the “pickup begins” date as shown on the schedule above (dates are circled).
- Pickup shall be done once per street per scheduled pickup week. Any leaf & limb material placed on the roadside after that section of the street has been cleaned shall be the responsibility of the property owner to clear immediately (within 5 days).
- Pickups will be provided to residential properties within the corporate Town limits only. Leaf & limb pickup shall not be provided for debris left by a contractor, including general yard maintenance contractors working on a resident’s property.
- Leaf & limb is defined as leaves, grass clippings, pinecones, and small tree and shrub limbs. It does not include construction material of any kind, trimmings from lot clearing, or tree trunks. The Town does not collect brown or white goods, metal, furniture or construction debris.
- All debris placed upon the public right of way must be placed off the paved portion of the street and must be placed in the right of way immediately adjacent to the property from which it originates. Debris may be placed in the right of way immediately adjacent to the property of others only with the express permission of the owner of the property.
- Violation of these rules may subject violators to remedies described in the Town of River Bend Code of Ordinances, Section 1.01.999 General Penalty. See section 9.02.030 for complete rules.