OFFICIAL WEB SITE
To e-mail a Town official, click on his/her name
*Indicates Mayor Pro-Tempore
Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas are posted approximately two days prior to meetings
Public Comment Policy
Public Hearing Policy
Council Priorities for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
Council Priorities for FY 2019-20
1. Provide a safe, dynamic, and attractive community for people of all ages, and continue to address the changing demographic composition of the Town.
2. Provide safe drinking water and quality treatment of wastewater through maintenance of the current systems and continued prudent fiscal management of the utilities.
3. Plan for the renovation of wastewater treatment facilities to maintain regulatory compliance and serve the current and future needs of the Town.
4. Continue to work with advisory boards as a means to encourage citizen participation in Town government.
5. Continue to be good stewards of the natural environment through planned stormwater and floodplain management efforts.
6. Continue to cooperate regionally and with other municipalities and, where appropriate, share ideas and resources.
7. Maintain a commitment to the Council-Manager form of government, and to support an adequate and well-trained staff to serve the current and future needs of the community.
8. Continue to employ sound fiscal management practices to ensure the long-term financial viability of the Town.
9. Maintain a visionary posture, acknowledging that change is inevitable.
10. Continue to conduct the business of the Town with complete transparency and integrity.
Council Meeting Schedule
Town Council Meetings
Both Meetings are held in the Town Hall Meeting Room. Meetings are Televised on CATV Channel 10 as follows:
The Friday after the meeting at 1:00 p.m.
The following Thursday at 12:30 p.m.
The following Friday at 1:00 p.m.
All Council Work Sessions and Regular Meetings will be held in the River Bend Town Hall beginning at 7:00 p.m. All Council Budget Sessions will be held in the River Bend Town Hall beginning at 4:00 p.m.
Rules of Procedures for Town Council Meetings
View Rules of Procedure for
River Bend Town Council Meetings
Form to Request Time to Address Council During Meeting
Town Council Responsibilities Chart
Transparency in Government
CTV10 - Video Recordings of Town Council Meetings
Official Seal of the Town of River Bend
The Town of River Bend operates under the Council-Manager form of government. All five members of the Town Council are popularly elected to serve four year terms. Terms of office are staggered so an election for at least a portion of the Council is held every two years.
The Mayor is elected directly by the voters to serve a four-year term and presides at all meetings of the Town Council and represents the Town at official functions. The Mayor, and each member of the Town Council, also serve as liaisons to Advisory Boards, or in other administrative capacities, to support the function of the Town. The Mayor Pro-Tempore is a member of the Council, selected by the Council to assume the duties of the Mayor in the Mayor’s absence.
The Town Council appoints a Town Manager to handle the administrative affairs of the Town. The Manager is the supervisor of Town staff and, by law, the Town’s budget officer. The Manager provides the Town Council with regular reports regarding the operational and financial condition of the Town and works with the Council to establish and implement long-range plans.