2023 Golf Cart Registration
River Bend residents may drive their properly equipped golf carts on Town streets provided that they are inspected by and registered with our Police Department.
Inspection and registration are required annually.
The registration fee for each golf cart is $10.
How to Register a Golf Cart to Operate on Town Roads
- Call the Police Department (252.638.1108) and request a golf cart inspection.
- A Police Officer will perform the initial inspection at your residence (so as not to require the illegal operation of the cart on Town streets). Subsequent annual inspections of a currently registered cart may be conducted at the Police Department.
- The Police Officer will complete the Golf Cart Registration / Inspection form, provide you a copy of this brochure, and have you sign the Registration / Inspection Form.
- The Police officer will give you the top copy of the Registration / Inspection form and retain the second copy.
- You then must bring the completed Registration / Inspection form to the Town Hall during normal business hours, pay the appropriate fee, and be issued the registration decal and a receipt for the payment of the fee.
- The registration decal, in accordance with the Town Code, must be affixed in a conspicuous place on the lower left windshield on the cart.
- Each registration is valid for a period that runs from January 1st through December 31st. The registration fee will not be pro rated for decals purchased during the registration period.